Friday, September 27, 2013

New Shoes!

The PO had put on a mismatched set of Falkens and Dunlops that were getting near the end of their life.  While I managed to squeeze quite a few km´s out of them, it was clear that they were more decorative than anything else at this point. 

In the past i had been happy with Falkens on the E30 but i wanted to try something new this time.
After reading a mountain of reviews i decided on the Toyo Proxes T-1 Sports. The reviews were positive and the price was right...add to shopping cart.

A week later the tires showed up. My first impulse was to stick my finger nail into the rubber to test their smooshiness ( I would have taken a bite too but my girlfriend stopped me)
I can say that these are far stickier than the Falkens so they won´t last as long.

Here she is at the shop this morning.

The old tires were pretty worn on the insides and wanting to start fresh i decided to have them do an alignment.


I haven´t had a chance yet to take the car out for a proper test drive with the new tires, but i will do a write up as soon as i do.

No comments:

Post a Comment